Monday, January 11, 2016

Goodbye Mr. Bowie

Legendary rock star David Bowie passed away at the age of 69 from cancer. It was a well guarded secret as so many people seemed surprised today that he had been sick. I was talking to someone last week saying he's on my bucket list to see next time he tours. Unfortunately that won't happen now but thanks for so much great music and you were truly legendary!

It was minus 4 degrees when I woke up this morning. It worked it's way up to 13 degrees but it's the warmest 13 degrees that I can ever remember. There's absolutely no wind and the air seems dry.

Lately I've been watching the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries on PBS. It's set in the 1920's in England and Miss Fisher is ahead of her time as a female detective. There's a lot of good writing and plots and I always love a good period piece.

I was looking at this ladle that Krissy ordered from China. It took almost 6 weeks to get here as the shipping cost way more than the ladle itself. The Chinese label stood out when it arrived. The ladle itself just balance unless you place it just write on the counter. Based on this and recent events I'm not too concerned about China taking over our economy and us speaking Mandarin anytime soon!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment