Sunday, December 28, 2014

Flu strikes


Sadly our favorite blogger has come down with the dreaded flu. Consequently, & despite his best efforts, he is unable to do today’s blog. Lucky for him (but probably not for you-sorry) he has a super awesome girlfriend who will do her best to fill this space.  

So here it goes I will start with the required sports observations. The Bears lose (sigh) again.  This is it for the Bears coaching staff, their time is up etc. etc… This is their worst record in 10 years and so on and so on…

Now on a positive note (for me not Jake), the Packers won again GO PACK!

Jake usually shares an interesting tidbit from a TV show he watched but being I spent my day watching a marathon of The Housewives of Atlanta…I have nothing worthwhile to share. Sorry.

I spent some time with my mom, my aunt, my cousin and her family in Woodstock, IL this weekend. We had a great time, my family makes me laugh.

The town of Woodstock is where they filmed the movie Groundhog Day. They have a super cute town square which has numerous plaques scattered throughout referencing Groundhog Day. The Bed & Breakfast used in the 1993 movie is for sale. It’s a beautiful old Victorian built in 1895 and has 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms so if you are interested and have a cool million this might be for you!

I just got back from the drugstore where I bought every possible type of cold and flu medicine. I even bought Pepto-Bismol which my sister and I, when we were little, called the pink medicine (we weren't terribly creative) and we hated it! Todd has no history with the pink medicine but it was still a struggle convincing him to take it.

While I was at the drugstore, I called my mom for her advice in treating an upset stomach. She suggested the old standby of white soda but also suggested baking soda or maybe it was baking powder? Now I am forgetting which one, I wonder if it matters. When I bake, I seldom have all the ingredients I need so I am often forced to improvise. As a result, my coworkers are never very excited when I bring cookies to work.  I don't really blame them.

 While I was out, I noticed that the temperature has dropped. It’s back to the low teens and single digits. Looks like a cold New Year’s Eve and I hate that! It hampers my attempts to dress cute. I often fantasize about living in a place where you don't have to put on numerous layers before leaving the house. To get away from those 6 months of the year when your eyes water from the wind and your lips, cheeks and hands are constantly chapped. I am thinking Key West would be a fabulous option.

Thanks for putting up with me and my ramblings;) Hopefully Jake will be up and about tomorrow, feeling better and back to his blog.  

Have a wonderful Sunday night!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment