Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wallenda Makes It At State Fair

What a remarkable feat Coco and I saw at State Fair. Nik Wallenda set a world record for the longest high wire walk. He started promptly at 7pm and it took just under a half hour from start to finish. I taped the whole thing on my IPhone. Nik talked to the crowd on a microphone and answered questions the whole walk.

I saw his grandfather walk twice on television and Nik once before as he crossed the Grand Canyon. Truly an inspiration. He's not an athletic looking type but has great confidence and a positive attitude with obvious great balance.

He's the 7th generation of Wallenda's to walk the wire and they've been doing it for 200 years. I'm trying to figure out if the family has some gene with great balance or if anybody can learn that type of balance.

As a kid, my friends and I would bike to the train tracks and see how far we could walk on a rail. I was always the first to fall off, balance was never my thing.

Anyway, we had a great time at the fair. Krissy was still sick and she was better off not going anyway. She hates suspense and walking 1576 feet on a wire is suspenseful.

We followed it up with some ice cream and drinks followed by 3 rides. Truly a great night. The rides aren't my thing but heck, if Wallenda can walk that far without falling, I can go on some rides without puking I told myself. Truly an inspiration. Thanks Nik Wallenda!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment