Tuesday, November 24, 2015

One Expensive Dress

One of Judy Garland's dresses from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz just sold 1.56 million bucks. The other one in existences sold for less than half of that 3 years ago so the economy must be picking up. The Cowardly Lion costume sold for 3 million bucks a few years ago. I'm willing to bet that the whole film cost less than that to make in 1939.

Adele is going to be on Saturday Night Live this Saturday. She just broke a 4 day record for total sales. Not a bad Christmas for Adele. I wish she would have done the last Bond film title song. She was brilliant with Skyfall!

I ventured to the grocery store today for less than 10 items. Lets just say it was an adventure. Tomorrow night will be even worse. In 2007 I took my Toyota FJ Cruiser into a grocery store underground parking lot the night before Thanksgiving. It was too tall and I took out a piece of duct work and had to back out with a line of cars directly behind me. That  was a 30 minute debacle with plenty of people swearing at me. Good times!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment