Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Where's Bozo

I received an email from Dad and Dee yesterday. They ventured from their winter home in Arizona down to Rocky Point, Mexico for some fishing. Apparently the fish must be biting as their hotel refrigerator is almost full. Nice.

The stock market was mostly even or slightly down all day except for solar stocks. Most of the big companies were up 7-8%. I seem to remember someone mentioning that on this blog yesterday.

The U.S. Army is coming out with a prototype high tech armor suit this summer for it's soldiers. It even has 360 degree cameras on them. Coco actually predicted this almost 6 years ago. Of course we had just finished watching the Ironman movie at the Rosebud Theater but I thought it was good insight for a 4 year old at the time!

I just received one of the nicest gifts in the mail from my high school buddy Tom. Actually, I've known Tom since the first day of 5th grade. We ran track and cross country together thru high school. He sent me a DVD of a documentary about North Central College cross country which I was a proud member of for 4 years. I can't wait to watch it with Coco and Krissy. Thanks so much Tom, you're truly a great friend.

There's a professional clown shortage in the United States. Another product of time and change. Bozo Circus going off the air of WGN Television in 2001 didn't help matters in my humble opinion. There was a ten year ticket wait well into the 1980's. It was the most popular noon time show in the world. Chicago area bars would be filled for lunch time gambling. The 6 bucket Grand Prize game had huge amounts of money bet on it throughout Chicago taverns. You just had to pick the correct bucket out of six. It was a very huge racket. It's a big reason why the State of Illinois came out with a lottery in the 70's. They wanted a piece of the action!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment