Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chilblains

It's a brisk but sun shiny day. I walked to the store to buy Coco a protractor for school. I can't even remember the last time I used a protractor let alone owned one. It had to be back in the grade school days.

The Milwaukee Bucks were sold today to a couple of hedge fund billionaires that I've never heard of. A fitting hobby for that boys club. Former Senator Kohl's only condition of the sale was that the Bucks stay in Milwaukee. I imagine the begging for the taxpayer funded new stadium starts immediately.

NHL playoff hockey starts tonight. The Chicago Blackhawks don't play until thursday against the St. Louis Blues. Playoff hockey is very intense and so much fun. Go Hawks!

My search for the perfect Easter Sunday desert continues. Well, it's more like I can't find my Key West Kitchen cookbook. It's a minor setback as I'm sure I'll find it tonight.

I caught the season finale of The Profit last night on CNBC. It stars Marquette University graduate Marcus Lemonis. It's a show where Lemonis buys a controlling interest of a faltering small business with an effort to make it profitable. The season finale featured the Key West Key Lime Pie Company. It had a positive outcome but the footage of the island sure makes me miss it. Especially the deal making segment which took place at Louie's Backyard. Jimmy Buffett used to live right next door to this legendary restaurant and Hunter S. Thompson stayed there with him one year.

Krissy diagnosed my continual foot blister problem that plagued me this winter as chilblains. I've never heard of it before. Apparently, it's a medical condition caused by exposure to cold and humidity. It causes a fluid to build up under the skin giving a painful red blister that won't go away. I've been limping on and off. The best treatment seems to be 80 degree weather and a good pair of sandals!

Later 

No comments:

Post a Comment