Sunday, April 13, 2014

Way To Go Bubba

Well, it didn't take too long to make Hank the mascot a moneymaker for the Brewers. I saw an elderly man walk past our house this morning in a Hank jersey with the number K9 on the back. Sports marketing at it's finest. Maybe he's the real reason for the Brewers fast start.

Cold, rainy and foggy today. There's even a flood warning for southern Wisconsin. I'll still take this over the snow. We'll have warm days soon and I'm ready as I bought some new Teva sandals yesterday.

Krissy made it back from her Lake Geneva trip and had a lot of fun. She bought me a Red Stripe beer juice glass that is basically a cut off half bottle. If I get more time, I'm going to bring out my Ronco glass cutter this summer and make a set of glasses. I've been hauling around some Malibu rum bottles for quite some time now. Maybe I'll attack that as soon as I refinish my Adirondack chairs.

I've been informed that we need to bring a desert for Easter. The pressure is on now. Maybe something tropical?  I shall have to consult the best cookbook ever. My Key West Kitchen by Norman Van Aken is truly a gem. He's the chef that trained the late Charlie Trotter.

Congrats to Bubba Watson for winning his second Masters in 3 years. Runner up Jordan Spieth is a 20 year old phenom playing in his first major tournament. Too bad the sports world over covers every sneeze that Tiger Woods makes. I like Tiger but they need to cover the younger players better. The next legend is always around the corner. Who doesn't like a guy named Bubba???

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment