Saturday, April 5, 2014

Low Hands High Palms

Nine Cubans made it to the beach on Key Largo yesterday. Their long boat ride from Cuba ended about a mile offshore when their boat broke down. They swam the last mile while using some foam remnants off the boat to make it. Local residents greeted them with cheers and drinking water while getting their photos taken with the brave freedom seekers.

Most people would be satisfied to make $174,000 yearly plus benefits if they only had to work 113 days a year. Especially when you factor in that your accomplishments are minimal at best. But Democrat Congressman Jim Moran from Virginia thinks he is grossly underpaid and is seeking to an increase in his salary. I can actually hear the world's smallest violin as I type.

Krissy and I had dinner at Mai Tai on Brady Street last night before heading over to the Knick to meet Angela and John. I've got a nasty blister on my left foot so I was limping all night long. Enjoyed another fine performance by 5 Card Stud last night. Krissy even dragged me onto the dance floor despite the bum foot. Naturally, I felt inclined to try out my new dance move. I called it Low Hands, High Palms. That noise you heard last night was Fred Astaire rolling over in his grave.

John and Angela dropped us off around midnight and I had my picture taken on the ugly snow pile on the end of our block. We caught a second wind so stopped at the Standard Tavern for a nightcap. We must have been entertaining because the bartender gave us a free shot of whiskey. The shot pretty much took our wind away so we called it a night!

Later


5  Card Studs


Slowly shrinking snow piles-very slowly shrinking:(




1 comment:

  1. Did u see my sax player at the Standard??? Lol

    ReplyDelete