Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I Hereby Bequeath

A beautiful day hitting a high of 57 degrees and only one snow pile left. It's the same one I stood on friday night at midnight but only about half that size now.

I caught an interview on CNBC with Paul Stanley, the co-founder of the band KISS. The way music is sold or stolen with technology today, he isn't sure that KISS would make it today as a band capable of filling stadiums. There's so few of these bands left and very few are new artists of the past decade. The body of work just isn't there for most bands. Nobody buys a whole disc or record anymore.

Congrats to the UConn women's basketball team on their NCAA championship. A lot of proud and happy fans in the great state of Connecticut.

Kudos to the Oklahoma City Zoo for attempting a life saving surgery on Kyah the giraffe. It was a 50-50 proposition but they gave the giraffe a chance instead of feeding her to the lions like the Copenhagen Zoo. Unfortunately, Kyah didn't make it but all one can ask for in this world is a fighting chance.

I just read that recently deceased actor Mickey Rooney died with a will stating assets of $18,000. Apparently being married 8 times isn't good for the pocketbook. Most of his memorabilia must have been already sold I imagine as those values would have been priceless. This reminds me that I should do a will soon. Baseball cards, beer can collection, James Bond car and sun glass collection, coin collection, plate collection and the world's greatest t-shirt collection is just part of my vast estate. I wouldn't want anyone getting hurt fighting all over this groovy stuff!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment