Monday, April 28, 2014

The Tale of 2 Desserts

It's been a wet dreary day again. We better get used to it as the forecast is for Seattle type weather through friday.

Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks for winning round one in their quest for another Stanley Cup Championship. The Bulls will host Washington tomorrow night in their do or die game!

Leave it to Donald Trump to defend Los Angeles Clipper owner Donald Sterling for his racist comments because he believes he was set up. Maybe it's really one bad haired idiot standing up for another bad haired idiot?

Coco had me watch "Mall Cop" with him last night starring Kevin James. I've never seen it before but it was a good movie to watch with a ten year old.

I also watched Anthony Bourdain's "Parts Unknown" last night on CNN. This episode featured legendary Las Vegas. Most of the restaurants were off the strip which I took some notes on. His interviews with the locals were very colorful from the self proclaimed cynic.

Bourdain is known as culinary's "bad boy" as he isn't afraid to speak his mind. I admire his show as much for the travel perspective and interesting people as I do for the food.

I've actually had 2 culinary projects of my own in the last 16 hours. Our gingerbread house last night was more of a 3 Stooges episode. It didn't have a floor and our walls caved in and Coco couldn't grow an extra set of hands fast enough while I handled the frosting duties like a drunken cement worker. Eventually we finished it and ended up having 3 bites each realizing it was absolutely terrible. Coco gave me the okay this morning to toss it and it's lying outside in the garbage as I write.

This morning I decided to make an angel food cake. It turned out normal with a 4 inch dip in the middle which made Krissy laugh. Back in the day I'd fix that dip with half a can of frosting but I've had enough frosting for the week!

Later
I am a baker extraordinaire!

The gingerbread house masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment