Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Make August 2nd a Holiday

My dad went golfing yesterday. He's only 2 1/2 hours south of Milwaukee but they get a much warmer May. I could actually see my breath last night. No Bradford Beach time in the my near future.

The Blackhawks play game 3 of their second round playoff series tonight. Hawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson took a puck to the throat in the last game. He's still physically unable to speak but he's playing tonight. These hockey guys are as tough as nails.

I watched the premiere of the new '24' last night starring Kiefer Sutherland. After a 4 year hiatus, Jack Bauer still has it. He's one step ahead of everyone else and the cast is superb.

One of my favorite show's is Brad Meltzer's 'Decoded' on the History Channel. Today's episode covered the Declaration of Independence. The colonies actually declared independence on July 2nd. The document we see is indeed dated July 4th. However, nobody bothered signing it though until August 2nd!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment