Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mountain Bull Passes

A classy move by the New Orleans Saints today as they signed Tulane safety Devon Walker to a free agent contract. Walker always dreamed of signing an NFL contract until he was paralyzed from the neck down during a game in the 2012 season. Obviously, he'll be unable to play in an NFL game but it didn't stop him from graduating college today.

California Chrome won the Preakness today just as I predicted. He should be the favorite for the Belmont Stakes but I'll stick with Commanding Curve due to the additional distance. Don't be surprised if I put a little coin where my mouth is on June 7th!

Tacos last night at the Bel Air Cantina followed by cocktails at Jamos. Krissy finds the decor at Jamos "interesting." It's mostly stuff the owner's found in their basements. Geez, I have a lot of great bar decor in my basement.

Mountain Bull, perhaps the world's most famous elephant was found dead in Kenya last week. In 2012, the 6 ton elephant was featured prominently in a documentary concerning the poaching crisis in Africa. Veterinarians actually tranquilized Mountain Bull and placed a GPS chip on him before taking away most of his tusks with a chainsaw.

Apparently the tusks grew back enough for the poachers liking. The mighty elephant was killed silently by spears in a protected national park. The ivory black market prevails once again.

Congrats to all the finishers of the Bravado Challenge triathlon. My sisters, Cindy, Mary and Sharon all finished strong as did my nieces Deanna and Nikki. Pam and Chad were, lets say colorful, but they did really well especially with rummage sale bikes. It was good to see so many family members there today. Somehow, I got a bit crazy and committed to participating in next year's event. I can't bloody wait.

A very special kudos to my sister Sharon. After much careful observation over 3 hours, she was the only athlete wearing designer sunglasses and a bit of lipstick!

Later

The athletes:Deanna, Cindy, Sharon, Nikki, Mary and Jim

Me and Mary

Mary and Steve photo bombing me and cousin Pam. But where's Chad and his sexy socks?



Jamos tavern

No comments:

Post a Comment