Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Short Circuit

Woke up this morning to some bad news. My Dad's wife Dee had a blackout last night and a continual headache. My Dad took her to the emergency room this morning. Looks like nothing major I'm thankful to report. Dee's explanation was that she just had a 'short circuit.' You won't find that prognosis in WebMD or any other medical dictionary but I'll take that any day!

It turned out to be quite a nice day today. Sunny, 70's and no rain. Let's see if we can do it two days in a row for a change.

The 'Big Sleep' was on today starring Humphrey Bogart. It's a classic movie from 1946 and co-star Lauren Bacall is still alive and kicking. She's still my favorite star!

Led Zeppelin is being sued 44 years after their hit song 'Stairway to Heaven' was written and released. Nothing like being prompt to retain some degree of credibility. Apparently, the band Spirit had a similar song in 1968 called 'Taurus.' I have no idea if it's true or not but waiting 44 years is just ridiculous. The actual songwriter for 'Taurus' isn't even alive anymore. A trust representing him is bringing the legal proceedings. Supposedly, 'Stairway to Heaven' has brought in around $565 million big ones in it's lifespan. Sounds like some grieving relatives just want a little 'green' justice to me.

The Blackhawks play game 2 tonight against the Los Angeles Kings. Coco and I are getting ready for game time. Go Hawks!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment