Thursday, May 8, 2014

Trocadero Time

A beautiful sunny day around the mid 60's. It's significantly warmer a few miles inland. We live about 3 blocks off Lake Michigan where it's usually cooler in May.

It's NFL draft time. Tonight is the 1st round and will continue through Sunday with a total of 7 rounds. Dreams will be realized and a few shattered I imagine. Millions of dollars of contracts on the line. Every team and their fans have hope tonight. My Chicago Bears pick at number 14 in the first round. I'm predicting either defensive tackle Aaron Donald or safety Calvin Pryor will be the choice. Either way I'll be real happy.

I've been watching that congressman from South Carolina, Trey Gowdy. With that haircut and purplish suit he could be a guitar player for that 80's band the Cars.

We'll be heading out to the Trocadero tonight to meet John and Angela. It's one of my favorite gastropubs and it's within walking distance. It has a European flair with a terrific outdoor terrace. (www.trocaderogastropub.com)

The Whiskey Belles (www.whiskeybelles.com) are playing a show on the Trocadero terrace tonight. They are a very talented 3 girl country band. They've been around for only 3 years but are getting quite a following in the Milwaukee area and have already opened for some major bands.

Going out door now. Don't worry. I'm multi-tasking tonight. My phone is fully charged so I don't miss the draft!

Later


1st cook out of the season!


Spring comes slowly, very slowly to WI

No comments:

Post a Comment