Sunday, October 12, 2014

Smash Mouth Football

Another glorious 50 plus degree day with plenty of sunshine. Krissy and I were up early grocery shopping this morning. It's apparently an easy thing to do if one doesn't have a drop of alcohol on both friday and saturday nights!

I saw a video today of a hawk attacking a drone. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen as it was mid air footage. I still think drones will eventually be limited in this country due to the terrorism angle.

Krissy and I watched a documentary on the band Genesis. They always opened up an album number 1 in the United Kingdom. It took them a while to get popular here but they had a string of hits for 15 years that is hard to match. Then add in the solo careers of Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins and it's so impressive. My friend made a delivery to what is now called the Allstate Arena and bought us third rows tickets to see Genesis. What a wonderful show and the same for Peter Gabriel who I saw a few years later!

I saw some great football today. Somehow, Miami stayed in the game playing the Packers until they lost it with 3 seconds to go. Then the Bears game which looked like trouble. All three starting linebackers were out with injuries. Over 300 career starts amongst them. So, two rookies and a second year guy with 20 starts amongst them come in and play fast smashmouth football. The whole secondary did against Atlanta. Two all-pro receivers on the Atlanta end who just plain looked scared. The Bears defense looked like the 85 Bears. Give me some young hungry players anyday. Smash Mouth football still wins games. The Monsters of the Midway are back!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment