Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Phoenix

An average November day but at least we got the grocery shopping out of the way early.

Krissy is cooking an old fashioned flan as I type. Keeping my fingers crossed and the fire extinguisher close by.

We finished the backyard this afternoon. All the summer furniture is tarped up and everything else put away. It's a bare looking backyard that's for sure.

Dinner last night at the Hotel Metro was truly wonderful. Krissy had the salmon and  I had the blue cheese crusted filet. A superb job and the old fashioned creme brulee was perfect.

We stopped next door to Blu which is the rooftop cocktail lounge at the  Pfister Hotel. Met a nice couple from Indiana and chatted for a while. The views up there are the best in the city. The jazz band was pretty good also.

It might be cold but that doesn't mean I'm done grilling. We have a five pound pork loin for tonight. Even the early darkness won't stop me tonight!

Coco's arm is getting better. The medicine seems to work. I'm putting a pic of the famous self induced travesty below!

Later

The Phoenix
Another Angle
Hotel Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment