Thursday, January 1, 2015

NHL Winter Classic

It was a tough loss for the Blackhawks today but the Winter Classic is quickly becoming a New Year's Day tradition for me. The game was tied 2-2 until Washington scored with 12 seconds left.

I'm still doing research on my 2015 stock picks. I'll post them this week as I'm feeling the pressure to do a bit better.

We had a great steak dinner last night. It's amazing what one can do with a nice piece of red meat and a cast iron skillet.

We finally got around to watching Jersey Boys last night. Everything Clint Eastwood directs has been really good and this is no exception. A very interesting movie about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

Back when I was in the insurance industry I had a claim in Key West with Bob Grimm who ended up as a guitarist in the Four Seasons back in the 70's. He struck me as a real nice guy.

Gas is under 2 bucks in Wisconsin now. I'm not sure if it can get much lower than this but I've been saying that for a while now.

The 126th Tournament of Roses parade was today in Pasadena. My grandmother saw that parade once or twice in the 70's and it was one of the highlights of her life. She passed away before she could make it to Hawaii which was one of her other dreams. I still feel bad about that. Do things while you're young, there's no guarantees on how long each of us will be around!

Coco is sick again today. It just keeps going round and round. Not a good way to start of the New Year. Just remember, it's how you finish that counts!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment