Sunday, January 11, 2015

Stock Picks 2015

It's funny how a non-windy day around 25 degrees seems balmy in January bit today is one of those days. We went to Gary and Michelle's to watch the Green Bay game. They won on a very controversial play at the end when Dallas had a big catch reversed. Ouch!

It was harder this year to find some solid picks as a majority of stocks did well last year. Some of my picks are solid stocks hoping to have another solid year. I'm predicting the DOW will hit 19,500 which might seem a bit ambitious but if oil prices stay down I believe I'm spot on like I was with the 18,000 prediction last year. In no particular order:

1) X is currently under 25 but I'm predicting US Steel will hit at least 40.
2) MGM is under 21 but I can see it easily hitting 28 if we can get some cheap flights back in Vegas again.
3) FSLR is under 45 but I predict the solar giant will hit 60 again.
4) YELP is under 56 but it will go back to 70 at least
5) FB is under 78 but they always figure out ways to make money so I see it hitting 85.
6) CAT is under 88 but any kind of second half pickup gets it back to 100.
7) COP is under 65 but this oil giant get back to 72 with the amount of cash they always have.
8) NKE is under 96 but I've seen firsthand how many shoes they sell out the door. 105 at least!
9)MTW is under 20 but this crane company hits 25.
10) MU had a solid year and was a pick last year and now sits under 34. It still has room to hit 38.

I'm officially on the record now so we shall see.

Later



No comments:

Post a Comment