Monday, June 1, 2015

Just A Day At The Lion Park

Happy June 1st even though it was 45 degrees this morning. I had to turn the heat on for a few minutes and take a really hot shower to get the chill out of the old bones!

Coco is feeling better with some allergy relief and is writing a small book for one of his classes. It's actually fairly well written and entertaining for a 5th grader.

Lennie Merullo the last Chicago Cub from the 1945 World Series passed away. He certainly seemed to enjoy throwing out the first ball at Wrigley Field for a game last year. RIP Lennie.

Coco and I are starting our summer workout program tonight. I still have a headache but I will get thru it.

Fred Hoiberg will be introduced as the next coach of the Chicago Bulls tomorrow and the Hawks start their quest for the Stanley Cup Trophy on Wednesday night.

I went to Lion Country Safari in the San Diego area when I was a kid. You drive thru the park and the Lions are right there. I remember one of them bumping up on our car and another jumping on the hood of the car next to us. In South Africa an American tourist did their equivalent of Lion Country Safari and drove thru it with her car window open. She won't be driving thru the park again. She won't ever be going anywhere again. Keep those windows up!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment