Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's Bracket Time

A 50 foot sailboat sank three miles off the Key West coast in 25 feet of water. I always think the ocean is so deep so I'm always surprised when I hear how far out the shallow waters can go.

Still no sign of the missing Malaysia airliner. Maybe it's time to offer an enormous reward or call in Dog the Bounty Hunter. Nothing else seems to be working.

Chicago Bears defensive tackle Henry Melton is now officially a Dallas Cowboy. Melton is coming off major knee surgery and grew up in the Dallas suburbs so I'm not really surprised. If he gets back to his pro bowl form it's a great pickup for the cowboys.

I watched more of the Johnny Carson interviews on TMC last night. Julie Andrews and Sean Connery were okay but I found a relatively unknown Dudley Moore extremely funny. He was an English musician and comic who was promoting his new movie Ten. It went on to be a blockbuster and he followed that up with another hit in Arthur.

It also had action stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone as featured interviews. Stallone was promoting his just released film Rocky. They actually made Rocky for just under one million bucks. Impossible to replicate that today.

The show ended with legendary interviews with Gene Kelly and George C. Scott. I didn't know Scott was such a brilliant and respected stage actor before turning to movies. He was perfectly cast in Patton and I can't imagine anyone else playing that role.

Does everyone have the NCAA brackets done for their respective pools? Krissy is bringing one home for me tonight. I'll give you my final four picks tomorrow. I used to follow the college game quite closely. One year I had 3 of the 4 final four teams with the national champion picked correctly. I won a sizeable sum but haven't done well lately. Time for a rebound!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment