Friday, March 21, 2014

Starbucks Delight

Not a bad bracket so far. I went 14-2 yesterday. That's the best start that I've had in a long time with no damage to my final 8 teams. It's brutal if you lose one of those in the first round.

Krissy and I met her mom Joanne and nephew Dom at Casablanca for dinner last night. Dom is a freshman at Stevens Point College and was home for spring break. It's a middle eastern cuisine and the Turkish coffee was spectacular along with the overall meal.

Mt. Gox the Bitcoin dealer that filed bankruptcy mysteriously found a large amount of Bitcoins that were stored offline. It's hard to have faith in a new venture when it appears rotten and dishonest at it's very core.

Netflix is filming a new dramatic series. It doesn't have a title yet but filming just started and will be completely shot in the Florida Keys thru September. Stay tuned.

Congrats to a man named Emil who won the Wheel of Fortune grand prize despite only having 2 letters to work with. I've long been bored with the show but have caught a few episodes lately as Coco really likes it.

Still no sign of the missing Malaysia airliner. I think a search crew needs to get in another Boeing 777 and retrace the last known flight steps. Then fly several travel arcs and see if anything shakes up. It works for me every time I misplace my keys or wallet!

Kudos to Starbucks for giving $30 million to war veterans research for post traumatic syndrome. Starbucks has been a leader in the coffee world but recently branched out into tea and alcohol in some locations. I remember having my first latte at the Lake Forest, Il Starbucks in 1990. I was so impressed with the concept that I sent a letter the following day to Starbucks inquiring about franchise opportunities. Less than a week later I received a nice letter explaining that they were strictly a company owned business but wishing me well and thanking me for the interest. Still a first class company 24 years later!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment