Friday, July 11, 2014

Babe Ruth 100 Years Later

Bastille Days was quite an enormous success last night. The Storm the Bastille 5k race had a great turnout and I picked most of the top 10 finishers just by looking at the racers warming up. After so many years of distance running I truly do miss the racing aspect of it. But, I'm well past the point of grinding out 80 miles a week.

Coco certainly enjoyed the race and wants to give cross country a try. I let him wear my North Central College warmup shirt that took part in two national championship races when I was in college. He wore it with pride.

Babe Ruth made his major league baseball debut 100 years ago today. He actually started out as a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox before becoming a famous home run hitter. My grandmother was a huge baseball fan and actually saw him play back in the day. One hundred years later and Babe Ruth is still the most popular player to ever play the game. That's truly legendary!

ESPN just announced that LeBron James will be returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers. At least I correctly predicted that one earlier this week.

Krissy has the day off and wants to head down to the lakefront. Maybe Bastille Days tonight. Enjoy your day!

Later

At Storm the Bastille 5k


Watching the Action 

Coco With the High Fives


 Shouting Old School
 
A proper picture of Chloe-Krissy took it

No comments:

Post a Comment