Monday, July 14, 2014

Christopher Walken As Captain Hook

It's a gorgeous day outside but it's been one of those days. I won't go into detail but anything that could go wrong did and anything that could go right didn't. You can attribute that quote to me as I believe I invented it.

Speedy get well to Coco who is battling a high fever today. It could be ear related, not sure yet. You know a kid is sick when he readily agrees to a suppository. Even in sickness he gave me some sound advice today which put some tears in my eyes. I'm still betting he makes President someday. Accuse me of bias as I don't really care!

The cruise ship Costa Concordia that ran aground a few years ago is finally getting towed approximately 150 miles to a scrap yard. There's still one victim that hasn't been recovered. The cost to move it so far could buy somebody a nice NBA team.

Key West is really pumped up about Hemingway Days which starts tomorrow as I mentioned a few days ago. In addition to the look- a- like contest,there's a marlin tournament, an arm wrestling tournament, 5k race and a short story contest. The spirit of the legendary writer will always live on in Key West!

Special kudos to Krissy for all her help today. Not sure what I'd do without you!

My man Christopher Walken is coming back to Broadway as Captain Hook. He's one of my all time favorite actors. Obviously he was great in such classics as "The Deer Hunter'' and the James Bond thriller "A View to a Kill." But my favorite movie of his is a small independent film called "Wild Side" co-starring a very underrated Joan Chen. And don't forget his Saturday Night Live skits. Give me some more COWBELL!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment