Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Diana Nyad Honorary Conch

Well, we get an almost perfect day right after the holiday is over. It's been one of those years!

Woke up early and went to cross country practice. It was a pretty tough practice and Coco is passed out on the couch as I write with a pencil in his hand. He was doing homework. I'll let him sleep for a while longer. He has his first race tomorrow and it should be a good one.

I changed my phone plan this morning. I've had the same number for over 12 years and the same plan for over 7 years. The customer service saw my usage and recommended a way for me to save 20 bucks. Thanks amigo!

It looks like the menace we call Bieber was arrested yet once again. At least this time it was in his home country.

Congrats to Diana Nyad. She has a plaque now on Smathers Beach commemorating her great swim accomplishment last year from Cuba to Key West over shark infested waters. It's one of the greatest sporting accomplishments ever without question. It took five tries and too many jellyfish bites. Then to top it off, she get's proclaimed an Honorary Conch of Key West. It's a huge deal as they toss that honor around like a manhole cover! Congrats for both Diana.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment