Sunday, September 7, 2014

Skydiving Memories

Coco and I woke up early and headed to Illinois to watch the Bears game with my dad. It was a very nice day even with the Bears losing the game due to turnovers. Some key injuries didn't help matters neither.

We saw some skydivers in East Troy doing a last jump as the sun was setting. It's the same place where I did two static line jumps exactly 20 years ago.

My first jump was almost my last. The radio on my chest didn't work so I didn't hear the turn instructions. That was the least of my worries as my chute didn't open up fully due to a line twist. So I kicked my legs and pulled the lines like they taught us in class and I overcompensated and it twisted too much the other way. I was running out of time before I had to pull the reserve chute so I did the routine once again and the chute opened fully. I came down without instructions and made a picture perfect landing according to the instructor.

The next week we decided to do it again. The chute opened without any malfunctions and the radio worked and I received my instructions. I was a pro I told myself right before I landed. Except this time the wind caught my chute and dragged me on my ass for about 20 yards!

Anyway, I'm heading to bed soon. My dad is having a cancer surgery tomorrow so I'll be heading

No comments:

Post a Comment