Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The First Race

What a tiring day. It made it into the 80's and sunny. The only day I wanted it on the cool side as Coco had his first cross country meet today.

Boy, it was a big one with 31 teams and consisted of grades 5-8th. Coco placed 95th out of 261 and was the 12th fifth grader overall. Not a bad start with a time of 11:20. I thought breaking 12:00 would be a good start for the 1.5 mile course.

He's vowed to keep working hard and getting better. That's all anyone can do.

Krissy's other eye is acting up. Such a rough day and will have to go back to the eye doctor again.

Overall, a proud day. I was a very good distance runner back in my day. But, I want him to do it for the same reasons I did. And if that doesn't happen, so be it. We each travel a different and unique path in this world and that's the way it should be!

Later
Getting Ready
At the Line

No comments:

Post a Comment