Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Original Jaws Passes Away

Nobody was ready for today. Coco and I went to cross country practice early this morning and it was 46 degrees and windy. He never really complained and made it thru his workout like a trooper. Hopefully this November type weather passes thru the area fairly fast. I'm not ready to put away my shorts and flip flops just yet. Heck, I can't even remember where I put that bin now that I think about it.

A sad day for Key West as famed palm reader Mahadeo Bhan Jerrybankhen was shot and killed while visiting family in Trinidad. For years he had a booth on Duval Street near Caroline's Cafe which is one of the most underrated restaurants on the island. He was a large intimidating looking man with long white hair and matching beard with dark features. I couldn't help but stare at him sometimes wondering what his story was. Now I regret not at least chatting with him for a few minutes.

I saw a television clip today on how Chuck Wepner and his fight with Muhammad Ali was the inspiration for the movie Rocky. Stallone has denied that though although it's been reported as factual by several outlets. The basic premise is quite similar.

Richard Kiel passed away yesterday. He played the character 'Jaws' in the James Bond movies The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. Kiel was a massive man at 7'2 with a Shaquille O'Neal build. Interesting that he had a fear of heights and they had to use a body double for the cable car stunt in Moonraker. Where the heck did they find that body double???

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment