Friday, August 8, 2014

Herman's Hermits

A lot of great music last night at the State Fair with an almost perfect weather night.

First we saw the Whiskey Belles for a fabulous set. We're quickly becoming travelers for their shows. Please stop us if you see us selling beads or begging for coins!

Next up was the Tropics to watch King Solomon and grab some caribbean food. We've actually modeled some of our backyard from their place. If only I can score one of those Landshark Lager surfboards for our back wall!

Then we saw part of the original British Invasion with the Herman's Hermit show. Peter Noone was actually 15 years old when that band started. A very nostalgic show and he really is such a nice guy. I have this goal lately to compose a list of all the major bands that I've seen over my time. It's a pretty big list but not nearly as impressive as good ole John Wilson's. He saw Bob Marley in concert! How does one top that?

Last but not least was a blues band by the name the Maple Road Blues Band. What a pleasant surprise. They are on my locals list to see again, they were that good.

Grilling time and happy hour now!

Later

Peter Noone

Such a Nice Guy
John and Jim Talking Music
Food at the Tropics
Nothing But Selfies
She Hates THE Shirt Collar
John and Angela
At the Tropics
The Collar is Back

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that guy's retro Beatles cartoon t-shirt in the pictures! A real classic! But Jakes wearing a polo shirt........now that took me for a loop! Never thought I would live to see the day!!!!!! I guess I should be looking for flying pigs out my window!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete