Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lauren Bacall The Original Cover Girl

Another 70 degree day and we spent part of it at Bradford Beach. Coco and I met my Dad, Mary, Debbie, Sarah and Gabrielle down at the beach. Flew some kites and went for a walk. Then a nice lunch at Northpoint before they had to head back.

The Perseid Meteor shower occurred earlier this morning. I'm sure it was a wonderful sight for those getting up early or those getting home late. I usually fall into one of those two categories but not today so I missed it unfortunately.

Apparently, they don't have any mirrors at the Fox News television studio. I just saw a clip of some fat bald guy telling viewers that Michelle Obama needs to lose some weight.

It's no secret that Bogie and Bacall are my favorite movie stars. I watch a Bogart movie at least once a month. "Casablanca" is my all time favorite movie but the ones that they made together are just pure classics that will last the test of time.

Bacall was a cover girl while she was still in her teens. Director Howard Hawks' wife saw her on a Harper magazine cover and told him that's what a star looks like. A few months later she's playing Slim Browning opposite Humphrey Bogart in the classic "To Have or Have Not." 

The rest was history. She was so intelligent yet sassy with an aura of style that's never out of style.

A few months ago I wrote about the TCM Johnny Carson interviews and Bacall was the last legend still alive. Not quite as true today but every once in a while I have to remind myself that true legends never truly die. They leave a lot behind!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment