Friday, August 15, 2014

Irish Fest Tonight

A lovely almost 80 degree day today. Jen is over and we are heading to Irish Fest at the Summerfest grounds in a few minutes. Naturally, I had to find a green shirt at the last minute!

Congrats to the Chicago Bears last night for a nice come from behind victory. They were down by two touchdowns midway thru the third quarter and looked very good the second half.

I watched an episode of the Rockford Files today. A strange coincidence but Lauren Bacall was on this episode filmed back in the 70's. Then, her and James Garner die just a couple weeks apart this past month.

We have a new channel on our cable lineup called Destination America. I watched a show called Mountain Monsters. Basically, it's a phony show with a bunch of hillbillies who see Bigfoot several times on each episode. Not sure where I go to get that hour of my life back! If that's the best that channel has to offer then it won't be around much longer.

Irish Fest started last night and we shall make an appearance tonight. It's the largest Irish gathering of the summer in the United States I've heard. It's packed with people who drive up from the good state of Illinois, especially Chicago. I'm not Irish myself but I'll celebrate with them any day of the week!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment